Submission Requirements: Open to WEN members ONLY
1. All manuscripts must be original, unpublished fiction or non-fiction, typed and double-spaced, between 500 and 2,000 words using Times New Roman 12 font.
2. The word count is strict and stories that have been published in all other formats , such as blogs are considered previously published. The authors retain their copyright, but first-print rights are granted to WEN for the anthology.
3. The contest deadline is 11:59 p.m. eastern time on May 31, 2015. Entries sent after May 31 will not be considered. The entry fee is $10 for the manuscript and should be submitted via email as a Word .doc file to firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. The judging is blind. Authors can submit a maximum of one manuscript.
5. Entries will be judged anonymously. The author’s name should not appear anywhere in the manuscript.
6. Submission entries must be accompanied by a separate cover sheet with the author’s name, complete mailing address, email address, phone number, the title of the piece, and the word count.
7. Payment is in Canadian funds via cheque to 251 McKee Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M2N 4E2 or pay at a Breakfast Meeting.
Prizes and Publication:
1. First place is $250, second place is $125 and third place is $75. Three Honourable mention prizes of $25.00 will also be awarded. All winning entries will be read at our Members Reading in July 2015.
2. Winners will be contacted by June. Results will be posted on our website and Facebook.
3. Contest Judges are Stevens Han and Nina Munteanu.