WEN announces The 2016 Joseph Smrdelj Second Short Story Competition
Submission Requirements: Open to WEN members ONLY
- All manuscripts must be original, unpublished fiction or non-fiction, typed and double-spaced, between 500 and 2,000 words using Times New Roman 12 font.
- The word count is strict and stories that have been published in all other formats , such as blogs are considered previously published. The authors retain their copyright, but first-print rights are granted to WEN for the anthology.
- The contest deadline is 11:59 p.m. eastern time on November 11, 2016. Entries sent after November 11 will not be considered. The entry fee is $10 for the manuscript and should be submitted via email as a Word file to email@example.com .
- The judging is blind. Authors can submit a maximum of one manuscript.
- Entries will be judged anonymously. The author’s name should not appear anywhere in the manuscript.
- Submission entries must be accompanied by a separate cover sheet with the author’s name, complete mailing address, email address, phone number, the title of the piece, and the word count.
- Payment is in Canadian funds via cheque payable to WEN at 251 McKee Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M2N 4E2
Prizes and Publication:
- First place is $250, second place is $125 and third place is $75. Three Honourable mention prizes of $25.00 will also be awarded. All winning entries will be read at our Members Reading in July
- Winners will be contacted by June. Results will be posted on our website and Facebook.
- Contest Judges are Nina Munteanu and Professor Leonard Rosmarin.
Entry Fee is $10 per submission. You can pay by cash or cheque at a breakfast meeting.
Alternatively you can pay with Paypal below.